Sunday, December 18, 2011

One thing about me

First of all, I made this blog so I could use it like a journal, with the thought that if family and friends wanted to, they could learn a few things that is going on in my head, heart and life.   Facebook is not always the best place for me to put down what I am thinking, feeling or doing.  Sometimes putting these things out there can help, kind of like therapy for me.

Anyway, I am a very emotional person.  Tons of things go through my head that never did before and I think that is because my life was busy and full, I had people around me all the time.  When things first started to change was when my daughter and her family moved away.  Then Tom and I went to visit Sherri and her family in their new home 200+ miles away, to my surprise, Tom loved the area and started looking for a second home.  What I thought would take awhile, happened in a matter of a few months.  Selling our home, Tony moving out, David and Kristine moving out and getting married and finally us moving to the other house.  Leaving most of the family behind along with all of my friends.  Believe it or not, in 25 years of marriage at the time, Tom and I had never really spend time alone learning to live with just each other.  I was not use to being just two of us and trying to fill my time was not easy.

At first most of my time and energy was spent working full time, and gardening.  This was fine for awhile, then everyone else's life got very busy and mine started to slow down a bit.  The more spare time I got, the harder it was to spend time with other friends and family because their lives seems to get busier and changing which made them even busier than before.

Now, I stand in the background watching all of this pass me by.  I have to remind myself that this is the cycle of life whether I like it or not. Sometimes the loneliness that I feel can be overwhelming.  I know that some of you are probably thinking "what a drama queen" and though this may be the way you feel at this time, you may be feeling this way when you family is all grown up, living their own very busy life.  I did mention though that I was a very emotional person and this is how I feel.  Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment