Friday, December 23, 2011

Just one of those days

Today is one of those days. I am thinking that my emotions are worse when winter comes.  Maybe it is because I am limited to what I can do or go.  Not that I can't go anywhere it is just that most places that are nice to go to are at least a drive of 50+ minutes.  I really love going to St. Cloud, but it is a 2 hour drive and a lot of gas for my truck.  Now that I am retired... it is not an expense that I could do often.

Working on a baby quilt right now, which is fun, but sitting in my office, or going and sitting in the living room with the hubs or the most movement would be taking the dog for a walk.  The length of taking the dog for a walk depends on the weather outside.  The less physically active I am, the more depressed I am.  I know that there are a lot of people out there that go through the same thing this time of year, I just did not want to be one of them.  At least I have Facebook where I can see pictures of my kids, grandkids, great-grandkids and other family members to bring my spirits up. And I know life is what you make of it... but I miss hanging with family... that is one of my biggest problems.  Holidays just aren't the same anymore, and I know that it is my problem feeling that way.  I know that Christmas with little ones is not the same since my little ones aren't little anymore.  Oh well, I will just stuff my emotions into the dark places of my head and just work on a craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment