Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What to do after Winter...

I actually don't mind winter as long as it is not brutally cold.  I do find though that I get anxious when it come right down to the end or around the month of April.  I want to get out there in the yard and start messing around the garden and removing anything that reminds me of winter unless there is a lot of snow around. 

This year I am trying to figure out what to do with my big vegetable garden area.  I am thinking of splitting it in half.  The back half for my vegies, since my husband doesn't really eat them and then using the front half as a play area for my grandkids and great-grandkids.  I will leave the fencing up to keep it in a more protected area and to keep critters out. That means that I am going to have to invest in outdoor play things.  I wish I lived close to all of my babies.... that way I would become a daycare just for my family.  This year I will be picking up Graycen and Parker to bring them up here to stay for a week.  I will involve them with what I can do to make it a fun play area which means we might have to do some garage sales to find things.  I actually starting to get excited about this plan.

2 comments:

  1. Graycen actually asked when she gets to come stay over. Maybe you can take her during the winter for a weekend??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter is a hard time for me. Her and I will have our special time together as well as our time with Parker. Just not sure when that will be. Have to figure that out. Tell her that she will have two times up here, once with Parker and once all by herself.

    ReplyDelete